to view Mike's Vision for the Waterfront
to view Key "Pieces" to Fall
Tuesday November 5th
Mike Miozza's Vision For The Waterfront
- Providence has WaterFire…Fall River will have “Water Fireworks” with theme music!
- Different themes – ethnic, holiday; we can even create our own!
- To learn more go to Waltzing Waters
- Business Leaders
- Elected Officials
- The Community
- On a platform in the Taunton River, near Battleship Cove and Heritage State Park.
- Why, not!
- This would be one part of the development of the waterfront to go with Battleship Cove, our beautiful boardwalk, the Gates of the City, Marine Museum, the Wild & Scenic Taunton River, the Borden Light House, the Carousel, Community Sailing, the State Pier, Fall River to Newport and Block Island Ferry Service, the Iwo Jima Memorial, Narrows Center for the Arts, Borden Light Marina, Bicentennial and Heritage Parks, just to name a few!
- The first such outdoor venue on the East Coast.
- Promotes Fall River.
- Promotes tourism.
- Promotes city pride.
- Creates an experience!
- Increases revenue.
- Helps businesses including restaurants and cart vendors.
- 110' in length including sound system will cost about $2.5 million (power consumption on such a system is very low – less than $10 for a 20 minute show. Requires about 4 man hours a week to maintain the system. There are NO values to maintain!)
- Public/Private Partnership
- Community Effort (Remember when we collected dimes in school to bring the Big Mamie to our waterfront?)
- Target date is the completion of leveling Route 79 in 2016. What a way to celebrate reconnecting our city with the waterfront!
Paid for by the Committee to Elect Mike
Miozza copyright © 2007-2013
site maintained by
WaveOne Technologies Inc.
Mike, Mike Miozza, Mike city council, miozza city council,
mike mioza, mioza city council, myoza city council, fall river, city council
fall river, fall river ma, fall river massachusetts, city council race fall
river, city council race fall river ma, LNG, LNG weaver's cove, LNG fall river,
Miozza LNG, Mioza LNG, election, race, city council race fall river